GlobalFix Pro 406 EPIRB Cat I, MFG# 2842, Automatic release, Built-in GPS. Built-in strobe, 121.5MHz homing beacon, 48 hours min broadcast time, 5 yr. non-hazmat lithium battery, self test. Enlcosure with hydrostatic release included.
Automatic Release EPIRB with Internal GPS
Head offshore with confidence. With three levels of integrated signal technology -- GPS positioning, a powerful 406 MHz signal and 121.5 MHz homing capability -- the GlobalFix PRO quickly and accurately relays your position to a worldwide network of Search and Rescue satellites, reducing search time and increasing your chances of survival. It's reliable signaling technology that has saved more than 26,800 lives since 1982.
The GlobalFix PRO broadcasts a unique registered distress signal that not only tells rescuers where you are, but who you are. The internal GPS will automatically turn on and acquire your position upon activation and then utilizes a powerful 406 MHz signal to relay your distress call to orbiting satellites. As local Search and Rescue is deployed, a separate homing signal and integrated LED strobe light guide rescuers to your exact location.
The GlobalFix PRO is small and rugged and comes with over 53 years of life saving technology built into every one. Performing a full functional self test of the GlobalFix PRO internal circuitry, battery voltage & power, and 406 MHz transmission gives you the peace of mind knowing your EPIRB will work the moment you need it to the most. ACR Exclusive: Built-in GPS acquisition test mode allows you to test the internal GPS receiver to ensure its working properly.
- FastACQ GPS engine acquires LAT/LON from a cold start better than normal GPS engines
- 100 m (110 yds) GPS position accuracy, optimum allowed by COSPAS-SARSAT
- Floats upright with high visibility built-in strobe
- Transmits on 406 MHz (COSPAS-SARSAT) with your registered, digitally-coded distress signal, and 121.5 MHz (SAR homing frequency)
- High-impact polycarbonate case with non-tangling lanyard
- Audio/visual indicators of active transmission
- 48 hours operating life at -20°C (-4°F), allowing for monthly self-test for 5 years. Available in Class 1 (-40°C (-40°F))
- Fully enclosed, high density, UV stabilized polyethylene bracket with hydrostatic release withstands extremely abusive environments
- 5-year limited warranty
- 5-year replacement life lithium battery
- Size: 6.97 x 4.2 x 3.6 in.
- Weight: 20.5 oz.
In the Box:
- GlobalFix Pro Category I EPIRB
- Enclosed housing with hydrostatic release
- Registration form
- Owner's manual