GlobalFix Pro 406 EPIRB Cat II, MFG# 2844, Manual release, built-in GPS. Built-in strobe, 121.5MHz homing beason, 48 hours min broadcast time, 5 yr. non-hazmat lithium battery, self test. Mounting bracket included.
Manual Release EPIRB with Internal GPS
Head offshore with confidence. With three levels of integrated signal technology -- GPS positioning, a powerful 406 MHz signal and 121.5 MHz homing capability -- the GlobalFix PRO quickly and accurately relays your position to a worldwide network of Search
The GlobalFix PRO broadcasts a unique registered distress signal that not only tells rescuers where you are, but who you are. The internal GPS will automatically turn on and acquire your position upon activation and then utilizes a powerful 406 MHz signal
The GlobalFix PRO is small and rugged and comes with over 53 years of life saving technology built into every one. Performing a full functional self test of the GlobalFix PRO internal circuitry, battery voltage & power, and 406 MHz transmission gives you
- FastACQ GPS engine acquires LAT/LON from a cold start better than normal GPS engines
- 100 m (110 yds) GPS position accuracy, optimum allowed by COSPAS-SARSAT
- Floats upright with high visibility built-in strobe
- Transmits on 406 MHz (COSPAS-SARSAT) with your registered, digitally-coded distress signal, and 121.5 MHz (SAR homing frequency)
- High-impact polycarbonate case with non-tangling lanyard
- Audio/visual indicators of active transmission
- 48 hours operating life at -20°C (-4°F), allowing for monthly self-test for 5 years. Available in Class 1 (-40°C (-40°F))
- Mounting bracket included
- 5-year limited warranty
- 5-year replacement life lithium battery
- Size: 6.97 x 4.2 x 3.6 in.
- Weight: 20.5 oz.
In the Box:
- GlobalFix Pro Category I EPIRB
- Mounting bracket
- Registration form
- Owner's manual