WL510, MFG# ZDIGWL510. WiFi Access system consisting of black-box booster/modem, 3' external antenna w/ 1"-14 thread, and 10 meter coax cable. Compatible with Windows, Linux, and MAC. 12 VDC operation, RJ45 connector. Ranges up to 4-6 miles.
The new WL510 allows boat owners to connect to Wi-Fi hot spots so that their on board PCs or equipment can connect to the internet. With internet connectivity on board you can download the latest weather or chart updates as well as having a mobile office on board. Most harbors and ports have either free or subscription based services available.
The system has a compact, DC powered below deck mounted 600mW booster/modem and external, hi-gain (12dBm) antenna with 10m (33ft) low loss LMR400 coax interconnect cable. The antenna measures 0.9m (2.95ft) and can be supplied with desk, mast and industry standard 1 x 14TPI mountings.
The WL510 modem connects to an on board PC through a regular RJ45 CAT5 network cable for simple driver free installation. Connect the WL510 to a router and everyone on board can share the long range wireless internet connection. Compatible with all popular operating systems; Windows XP/Vista/7, Mac OS X 10.3 (and higher) and LINUX, the WL510 supports 802.11b/g protocols as well as WEP/WPA/WPA2 encryption.
Wi-Fi range depends on many local factors, but Digital Yacht has seen ranges of up to 4-6 miles with this low cost system. In general, using an internal Wi-Fi adaptor typically found on a notebook, youll be lucky to find the signal at the end of the dock, so if you plan to access the internet whilst on board, the WL510 could be the solution for you.
- Ideal solution for permanent installation and new builds
- Network Interface for connection to one PC or to a Router for shared long range connection
- Easy to setup and control from any browser through web based interface
- Adjustable up to 600mW Wi-Fi modem and high gain (12dBm) omni-directional antenna
- Supplied with threaded deck mount for antenna and 10m of low loss LMR400 coax cable
- Supplied with 1m network cable - can be extended with any CAT5 network cable (up to 50m)
- Requires connection to boats 12v DC supply
- No drivers works with all popular operating systems; Windows XP/Vista/7, Mac OS X and LINUX compatible
In the Box:
- WL510 booster/modem
- 3' External antenna
- 10 meter coax cable
- Instruction manual