Black Box Bottom Discrimination FishFinder, MFG# BBDS1, 600/1000 Watts (transducer dependent), 50/200KHz, for use with NavNet 3D (not NavNet-1 or VX2). Requires specific trasducer for Bottom Discrimination feature (see Accessory List).
Depth Sounder Module for Furuno NavNet 3D Systems
The BBDS1 is a new network fish finder for NavNet 3D and NavNet TZtouch that features an all new bottom discrimination function, as well as the FDF (Furuno Digital Filter) capability of the DFF1. The BBDS1 determines the bottom structure and separates them into the following categories: mud, sand, gravel, and rock. This is achieved by analyzing echo characteristics from the bottom components such as particle size and hardness.
Connect the BBDS1 to your NavNet 3D or NavNet TZtouch network and get ready for your NavNet system to provide you with valuable information to locate rich fishing grounds, boosting your catch. This unit is not designed to work with NavNet-1 or VX2 models.
There are two bottom discrimination display modes to select from, Standard Mode and Probability Mode. In Standard Mode, the most probable materials on the bottom (mud, sand, gravel or rock) are indicated in either graphic mode or a 4-color bar on the bottom of the display.
Because bottom material can change frequently and can sometimes be difficult to identify, Probability Mode shows you what material the bottom has the greatest chance of consisiting of by displaying the possible bottom materials proportionally within the 4-color bar.
Appropriate transducer required. Only the transducers listed in the accessory list will work with Bottom Discrimination modes. Other transducers that will work in normal mode only are listed under Furuno transducers.
Required Conditions for Bottom Discrimination
- Detection Range: 5-100 m
- Boat Speed: 0-10 kn
- Transducer mounting: Thru-hull or transom mount only
- MFD8/12/BB software: v2.06 or later
- Selectable output power of 600W or 1kW
- Audio and visual alarms for water depth, fish echoes and water temperature (sensor required)
- Selectable automatic cruising or fishing modes to suit your style of boating
- Automatic function for detecting fish and bottom in both shallow and deep water
- White line feature helps discriminate fish lying near the bottom
- Bottom lock, bottom zoom, bottom discrimination, marker zoom, and A-scope modes
- Transducer sold separately
|Power||600 Watts or 1KW, digital processing|
|Frequency||50KHz or 200KHz|
|Transducer||Sold separately (10 pin plug). Specific transducer required for Bottom Discrimination mode (do not use in-hull types).|
|Alarms||Shallow, Deep, Fish, Temp.|
|Other Functions||Bottom Discrimination mode; speed thru water (sensor required). Will not work with NavNet-1 or -VX2.|
|Dimensions||10"W x 3.5"H x 8.6"D; Wt: 2.9 lbs.|
In the Box:
- BBDS1 Network Sounder
- Power Cable Assembly, (3.5 m)
- Network Cable (5 m)
- Installation Hardware
- Operator's Manual