Heading Sensor (fluxgate compass), MFG# 010-11417-00, Rate gyro equipped, used to supply heading information to radars and multifunction displays. Outputs NMEA 0183 or NMEA 2000. Cables sold separately.
Provides Accurate, Stable Heading Information to Garmin Plotters and Radars
When interfacing this 3-axis compass heading sensor to Garmin?s marine lineup of MFDs and radars, mariners can expect unparalleled radar overlay performance and accuracy along with excellent MARPA capabilities. This heading sensor (based on Airmar H2183) uses a rate gyro, so it can maintain an exceptional 2 degree heading accuracy under heavy dynamic conditions, with up to 30 degrees of pitch and roll. In addition, it supports either NMEA 0183 or NMEA 2000 data output to fit any installation.
Installation is a snap thanks to the heading sensor?s innovative design allowing it to mount to any angled bulkhead. Mariners can expect this heading sensor to provide trouble-free service in the harshest conditions and will learn to appreciate its reliability and excellent performance.
- Better than 1 degree static heading accuracy
- Industry leading 2 degree dynamic accuracy up to 30 degree pitch and roll
- Three-axis solid-state compass provides accurate heading data
- Three-axis accelerometer improves heading, pitch and roll in static conditions
- Three-axis rate gyro improves heading, pitch and roll in dynamic conditions
- Temperature compensated across the entire operating range to ensure optimum accuracy
- Heading output by default is 10 Hz for both NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000 (NMEA 2000 can be output up to 20 Hz)
- Easy installation to any angled bulkhead
- Auto-calibration feature
- Waterproof housing (IPX6)
- Dimensions: 2" (5.08 cm) H x 4.4" (11.18 cm) L x 4.5" (11.43 cm) D
- Operating voltage: 9 VDC to 16 VDC
In the Box:
- Garmin Heading Sensor
- Instruction manual
- NOTE: NMEA 0183 or NMEA 2000 cable sold separately