HRC Series Windlass, MFG# HRC10812V, Horizontal drum, capstan, and above-deck motor, 1540 lb. max capacity, pulls 5/16" chain or 9/16-5/8" rope, 12 VDC, 1000 Watt motor. Includes circuit breaker, up/down switch, and emergency free-fall lever.
Horizontal Above-Deck Rope/Chain Windlass
The all new compact HRC6 and HRC8 are Maxwell's horizontal versions of their latest innovative vertical RC6 and RC8 automatic rope/chain windlasses. Packed with new and proven features, including the patented rode management technology developed by Maxwell, the new HRC6 and HRC8 are destined to become industry icons.
All HRC Series Windlasses Are Fitted With Maxwell's Unique Wave Design Chainwheel.
This patented rope/chain wheel incorporates two unique design concepts that greatly improve the handling and control of the rope/chain spliced rode. The outer ribs of the chainwheel are angled slightly forward ensuring that the rope and the chain are smoothly guided in the wheel during anchor retrieval. As the rope pulls into the wheel, the opposite facing inner ribs grip the rope in an undulating manner, securing the rope more firmly in a 'wave pattern' action that is far superior to the traditional 'jam cleat' manner of holding the rope. Not only does this Wave Design hold the rope more securely, it is also kinder on the rope resulting in increased longevity of your anchor rode.
- Simple "bolt down" installation ensures effortless and rapid on-deck installation and set up.
- Guaranteed trouble free rode transition from rope to chain, by means of an innovative, proven and patented pressure arm system, within a safe enclosed design.
- Integrated composite nylon, through deck hawse pipe for ease of installation and smooth, snag-free operation.
- Now incorporating Maxwell's automatic free-fall technology. Simply activate the windlass 'free fall' lever, operate your down control (helm station or footswitch) and the windlass will freefall your anchor. Ready to lift the anchor? Activate the up control and the 'free fall' device automatically disengages allowing you to power up your anchor.
- Aesthetically pleasing above deck design, encapsulating the motor and drive in a watertight case, saving space below deck and allowing simple routine maintenance.
- Die cast, marine-grade, alloy case is hard anodized for unsurpassed marine protection.
- High efficiency spur gearbox incorporating a robust non-backwind mechanism.
- High speed, jam-free retrieval of rope and chain controlled from a remote panel mounted Up/Down switch.
- Emergency 'free fall' function in the event of onboard power failure.
- Revolutionary new chainwheel.
- Heavy duty, dual direction motor incorporating new technology features, including integrated wiring for quick electrical installation, is easily removed for simple routine electric brush maintenance.
|Mounting Type||Horizontal, above deck, w/ capstan|
|Input Voltage||12 VDC|
|Lifting Capacity||1540 lbs.|
|Speed Rating||Not given|
|Rope & Chain Size||5/16"; 9/16"-5/8"|
|Other Functions||Available foot switch and chain counter|
|Dimensions||14.6"L x 12.1"W x 7.9"H; Wt: 25 lbs|
In the Box:
- HRC Windlass
- Circuit breaker/isolator panel
- Dual direction control system
- Up/down remote control panel
- Emergency free fall activation lever
- Emergency crank/clutch release handle