Handheld VHF, MFG# HX870, 6 Watts transmit power, Integrated GPS, Class D DSC w/ separate receiver, 2.3" display, waypoint navigation, MOB function, submersible, strobe, noise cancelling TX/RX, USB port.
New level in safety and performance in a floating marine handheld VHF/GPS.
The HX870S FLOATING CLASS D DSC VHF handheld features a 66-channel WAAS GPS receiver allowing the radio to transmit a DSC distress call with your vessels position or navigate to a waypoint.
The new Oversized full dot matrix LCD (1.7 (W) x 1.7 (H) or 2.3 diagonal) and Easy to Operate Icon/Menu System makes this the most intuitive handheld on the market.
DSC calling, position sharing, waypoint and route navigation, navigation to DSC distress call can all be performed with just a few simple steps making the HX870 perfect for everyday use or adding to your ditch bag.
The radio is designed to be a work horse, starting with the die-cast chassis and the IPX8 submersible waterproof rating of 4.92 feet for 30 minutes, to the 6 Watts of transmit power and the long lasting 1800 mAh Li-Ion battery.
The HX870 is also capable of entering and saving up to 200 waypoints and 20 routes, which may be selected for navigating to via the radios unique compass page which shows your vessels SOG, COG, BRG (Bearing) and DST (Distance) to the waypoint. The compass page can also display the position of up to 9 vessels in proximity to you via the new GM (Group Monitoring) feature.
Advanced features include: Full dot matrix display with channel names, Position request and Position report, 10 channel preset key selection, USB Data Port, GPS Position Logger, water activated SOS strobe light (the radio will turn on and flash SOS even if dropped in the water while the radio is turned off), NOAA Weather with Weather Alert, programmable Memory and Priority Scan, Dual and Tri Watch scan functions.
The HX870 is supplied with a high capacity1800 mAh Li-Ion Battery, 110VAC and 12VDC 3-hour quick chargers, and an Alkaline Battery Tray (AAAx5). The HX870 is backed by an industry leading 3-year waterproof warranty.
- Meets ITU-R M493-13 Class D DSC (Digital Selective Calling)
- Separate Receiver for CH70 (Receiving DSC Calls)
- Integrated 66 Channel WAAS GPS receiver
- Oversized full dot matrix display (1.7 (W) x 1.7 (H) or 2.3 diagonal)
- Navigate to a DSC Distress Call with Compass Page
- GM (Group Monitor) using DSC Group Position Call
- DSC Test Call and Auto DSC Channel Change Selection
- Automatically poll the GPS position of a ship using +C31+C19:G19
- Enter, Save, and Navigate to a waypoint with Compass Page
- MOB (Man Over Board) Function
- Water Activated Emergency Strobe Light
- 6W Transmit Power
- Navigation (LAT/LON, SOG, and COG) information shown on display
- Submersible IPX8 waterproof rating (1.5M or 4.92 feet for 30 minutes)
- Noise-canceling Function for both transmit and receive audio
- All USA/International and Canadian Marine Channels
- USB Data Port NMEA Output DSC, DSE, GLL, RMC, GSA, GSV and GGA (9600 baud)
- NOAA Weather Channel with Weather Alert
- Programmable Scan, Priority Scan, and Dual and Tri Watch
- Preset key used to recall up to 10 favorite channels
In the Box:
- HX870 Floating 6W Handheld VHF with Internal GPS
- 1800 mAh Li-Ion Battery
- 110VAC and 12VDC 3-hour quick chargers
- Alkaline Battery Tray
- Owner's Manual
|Display2||2.3" diag. LCD|
|Battery||Li-Ion, 1,800 mAh|
|Power||6 Watts, 2 Watts, 1 Watt|
|Remote Options||Optional speaker/mic or headset|
|Other Functions||Built-in GPS w/ nav functions; NMEA output; Class D Digital Selective Calling; SOS strobe light|
|Dimensions||2.44"W x 5.43"H x 1.69"D; Wt: 11.4 oz.|
|Waterproof||Yes (IPX8), floats|