ISO-G2 IsolationTransformer, MFG# 93-ISOG2/6-A, 3.6Kva 30Amp 120Vac, with terminal blocks.
When properly installed, Charles Marine Isolation Transformers will electrically isolate the AC shore power from the boat's AC power system. The boat's electrical system and the grounding conductor are not actually connected to the shore-side power. There is no direct electrical connection between earth-grounded shore AC power and the onboard electrical system. The shore ground is connected to a shield that is wound between the primary (shore) and the secondary (boat) transformer winding. The connection of this grounding wire only to the shield of the transformer isolates the boat's AC electrical system from shore.
- Marine UL listing ensures durability and safety
- Greatly reduced potential for in-water shock hazard
- Eliminates the need for polarity alarms and galvanic isolators
- Fully-encapsulated components and transformer windings
- Full current carrying shield per ABYC E-11
- Occupies less space and easier to install than most units
- Terminal blocks for easy customer connections
- Convection-cooled enclosure meets the intent of NEMA 3R requirements.
In the Box:
- Isolation Transformer
- Installation hardware
- Owner's manual