**As the FCC requires all units sold in the US to be programmed by a qualified technician. Please submit the form below for programming at time of purchase. A copy of the MMSI Registration or FCC Ship Station License is required along with the vessel master or owner's signature on the completed programming form. **
Click here to download form.
Add a new level of safety and convenience to your vessel with the Garmin AIS 600. This black box AIS tranceiver allows mariners to receive AIS target data as well as transmit their own vessel information to other AIS receivers in the area. The AIS 600 aids in collision avoidance by helping users track and contact anyone in the area who has a VHF radio and MMSI number. Mariners can now rest easy knowing that they have visibility of boat traffic around them and that they can be seen by other vessels while at sea.
The AIS 600 is NMEA 2000 certified and is easily added to the existing NMEA 2000 network. Once installed, the AIS 600 is controlled via chartplotter display - giving you all the information you need right at your fingertips. In addition, the AIS 600 comes with a built-in active splitter that allows one VHF antenna to serve both the AIS 600 and any VHF radio with minimal signal loss to give users more space and make installation easy without the need for additional hardware.
Product Features and Specifications:
- Aids mariners in navigation and collision avoidance
- NMEA 2000 certified for easy installation
- Built-in active splitter enables one VHF antenna to serve both the AIS and any VHF radio - giving users more space and making installation easy without the need for additional hardware.
- The built-in active splitter ensures that all VHF and AIS communications are sent and received with minimal signal loss or interruption
- ClearTrack technology ensures no interruption of the AIS traffic position transmission, even when the VHF radio is in use
- Integrate AIS target data information directly on the chartplotters display (AIS target overlay, MMSI number saving, vessel status and more)
- When integrated with a Garmin chartplotter and VHF radio via NMEA 2000, mariners can initiate a call to any MMSI target directly from the chartplotter by selecting the call with radio function
- Integration of Closest Point of Approach (CPA) alarm in conjunction with radar input to avoid a collision
- Integrated GPS receiver with external GPS antenna connection
- Dual channel AIS receiver
- Class A and Class B reception
- 2W AIS Class B transmitter
- Dedicated HW input for silent mode and AIS Mayday mode (selectable NMEA 0183 output speed - can work with other 3rd party equipment)
- One NMEA 0183 output and one NMEA 0183 input
- Includes a USB port for programming MMSI info and AIS static data with included PC software
- Dimensions: 9.8"W x 7.1"H x 2.5"D
- Weight: 4.2 lb
- Waterproof: IPX7 - Submersible